Monday, July 19, 2010

July 18, 2010
Hello from Hartzview!!!! Our first day to hunt....we sighted in the guns and then off to the morning hunt.
A typical day at camp:
6:30- wake up call ( knock on the door)
7:00-7:30- coffee and a little breakfast
7:30-11-12 Hunt, hunt, hunt
Brunch
Rest until 2:30
2:30- sundown hunt, hunt, hunt
Dinner upon our return
Drinks around the fire
10:00- Bedtime
NEWSBREAK........ Hill has shot his first animal..... gemsbuck....antlers 37.5 inches long.... he came in from the hunt not only happy, but with the traditional warpaint(blood) on his face! Unfortunately, I missed this hunt... I must have been exhausted from the travel. I went to take a short nap before the evening hunt and I just could not wake up. I was so disappointed I was not there to see it, but next time.... I know there will be a next time!!!
We are having a wonderful time.....missing our family, but what an experience!!!!!
xoxoxoxox,L.B.

3 comments:

  1. I lover it. Way to go Hill Ojeda! Bring me me my Zebra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is your turn now, Hill has shot 2 zebras, one for me and for himself and Sarah. Then Stacey..... hey by the way, it is true what they say about zebras, their stripes are different on every one. Richard shot one as well, this morning.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete