Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hartzview - Day10

July 28, 2010
Hello family and friends,
We have had a little change in plans.... we are leaving for Kimberley in the afternoon on Thursday, July 29. Sarah and I are going to visit the school in Schmeizer Reneke. This is a small town very close to Hartzview with a population of about 1000 people. Braam's children go to school in this town. We will have lunch and leave for Kimberley. It is in Kimberley that we will meet with the taxidermist. We will also do some sightseeing. We are going to spend the night in a guesthouse there and then leave for J'berg Friday morning. We will depart for Cape Town in the evening..... arrive around 8:00 in the evening. Look out Cape Town..... L.B. is coming to the city!!!! AHHHHHHH.... restaurants, shopping, and who knows what else, but I am ready and I hope Cape Town is ready for me!!!!! Until tomorrow.....
xoxoxoxox, L.B.
P.S. I only thought the hunting was over, after all, how many more animals could Hill possibly need to shoot?? He came home from the evening hunt with a very large trophy....a NYALA. Richard came back with a blesbuck, and what a blessing it was for him anyway, he had shot and lost 3 animals, so he was really down on himself. He commented, " I am just going to stick to cooking, that I know I am good at." Now he is feeling much better about his hunting skills. I told him that I would shoot for him, he did not think that was very funny!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about Cape Town!! I know it will be tons of fun and will never be the same after you leave!! I also can't wait to hear more news about the Eland. Keep us posted!! Stay safe!! Love to you all!!

    ReplyDelete