Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hartzview - Day 5

July 21, 2010

I am posting for day five tonight becuase we leave for the lion hunt after breakfast in the morning. We will be gone for 2-3 days. There will be no internet, so I will have to write in a journal so that I don't forget the particulars. I am very nervous about this hunt, so I am ready to get it behind us. We have just had our dinner and the PH ( Jacques) has already given Hill his instructions. Sarah and I will not be allowed to track and stalk, we must wait in the vehicle........ biting our nails!!!!

After the morning coffee, Hill, Sarah, and Richard went for the morning hunt. I did not go this morning.... L.B. wanted to stay and sleep in a little. Hill shot a black springbuck and Richard did not shoot. Hill is excited to get the 2nd springbuck out of the species of 4. After the evening hunt, we were welcomed once again with some delicious appetizers and the south african wine is always flowing.

Pray for us, especially Hill, while he is on this lion hunt. While it is very exciting, nevertheless it is all very dangerous. After the hunt, we will return to Hartzview.

The one thing that Hartzview does not have is:

NO FLIES

NO MOSQUITOS

NO HUMIDITY

..... all this equals, no competition for our food, no malaria, and a GREAT hair day everyday..... that last one makes L.B. very HAPPY! Imagine that, more concerned about my hair than malaria..... L.B. still vain in Africa. I will share a funny story.... I washed my hair the other day, I proceeded to plug in my blow dryer to my adapter, turned on my hair dryer, it got so hot, and burned some of my hair off...... I almost became Legally Bald does Africa!!!!! Fortunately, I pulled the plug in seconds, so I am still have enough hair to be called Legally Blonde....I love all of you very much!!!!
Until then.....
xoxoxoxo, L.B.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in bed laughing so hard that I'm crying- you make me laugh!! I miss you and am praying that everything goes in y'alls favor for this big lion hunt- I'm nervous for y'all, but mostly Hill! Ahh.. I can't wait to hear the latest!!! I love you ALL!!! Good luck Hill!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome news about the Lion Hunt...Congrats Hill!

    Be safe....

    Legally Bald Bro!

    ReplyDelete