Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hartzview - Day 8

July 26, 2010
Hello family and friends, Well L.B. has not seen a mall, theater, restaurant, or have I been on a tennis court in about 2 weeks. I am no longer feeling one with nature..... I am ready and needing a change of scenery. I did not get up to go on the morning hunt either.... I was boycotting! I played possum when Hill and Rpo came to the door, I did not respond. I have seen all the animals I want to see(dead and or alive), I have read more than I have read in a year, played scrabble on my phone, and have even sat more than I have, well, in who knows how long! L.B. is needing some contrast.... in truth, I want the city life!!!! We leave Friday morning.... we will drive to Kimberley where we will have lunch, do some sightseeing and fly to Cape Town. I hope Cape Town is ready for me.
Hill, Sarah, and Richard went out for the morning hunt. They did not shoot anything. We all went out for the afternoon hunt and Richard shot a Springbuck. It was lost, but found later that evening. I continued to be encouraged to shoot something, but honestly, I think I am a conservationist. I can aim, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
Oh, I can't forget, last night was a full moon. As we sat at the table against a black sky, over a ridge came a beautiful full moon..... RED! I tried to take a picture, but no luck! You will just have to trust me on this one. Unless you have been to Africa, you have not seen a sunset like these.....take L.B.'s word on it!
There really is not much left to shoot and only 3 more days before we leave...but who is counting????;)
Not much to report, so L.B. will close until tomorrow......
xoxoxoxo, L.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment