Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 16-17
After not sleeping much before we were to leave, we met at Panchitos for our last meal in the states. We enjoyed a traditional mexican breakfast with Emily and the kids, Sarah, John, Nanny, and Pop. We got to the airport before 11:00, said our good byes, and went inside to check in. There were some tears from me and the girls. We have never been away from each other for such a long period of time.
Our flight left for Atlanta at 1:00pm for only a one hour and 49 minute flight. It was a very nice flight. However, it did not take me long to pull a "blonde" move.... after drinking a 32 ounce glass of tea, I had to go to the bathroom. So, I got up, walked down the aisle, only to try to walk into a coat closet and then the galley. I could not find the door to the bathroom and I looked back at Hill and Sarah for some guidance, only to see the entire group on first class pointing at me to keep going(I had not gone far enough). I was so embarrassed and finally found the bathroom..... laughing so hard. Unbeknownst to me, Hill announced to the enitire first class"bless her heart".
We departed Atlanta for J'berg at 8:45, almost an hour and half late. We arrived J'berg at 6:06pm. Jacques (the professional hunter) was at the airport to greet us. We lost an entire day. After getting our bags and guns, we finally left the airport at 8:45. We were all very glad to be in Africa. We were all somewhat rested, but now, we had a 4 hour drive to Hartzview. We stopped at a restaurant (DROS) for some dinner a 2 hour drive from the airport.
I must not forget to tell you that L.B. upon almost landing, spilled an entire glass of ice tea all over myself.... I was wearing white pants...it looked as though I had an accident and you could see through my pants. I was not going to let something like that bother me, so now I got up and felt like I had some explaining to do to all those around me. Once again, I keep myself and other family members laughing.
We arrived Hartview after 1:00 in the morning, it was very cold. I could hardly wait to have a shower, put on my p.j.s and get in bed. We went and sat by the fire that had been built for us, had a drink, and called it a day..... we were exhausted, but very happy to be in Africa.
xooxoxox,
L.B.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Family!!
    How is it? What is it like? Did you all sleep well??? What is the plan for today?? Only 24 days until you all come home!! The kiddos and I are at church. We are going to have lunch and then home for naps. Tuesday, Leslie and I are going to the Texas Tech luncheon at Pearl Stable. Then that night we are headed to nanny and pop pop's for dinner and birthday!! Happy Birthday Pop Pop!! That's what we have going on so far!! Love you all bunches and bunches!!

    ReplyDelete