Wednesday, July 21, 2010

HARTZVIEW - Day 4

July 20, 2010
We were awakened by our typical knock on our chalet. Each of us has our own chalet equipped with our own bathroom. The chalets are thatch roofs, the kind you would expect to see in scandinavian country. These roofs will last for about 30 years. Thatch grass is grown here on the ranch, using their own resources for the chalets. The only thing that destroys these roofs are the baboons....they are like toddlers, into everything and very destructive. Braam and Jacques would like us to kill all that we see. the Zulus build their huts out of the same resources with a very small opening for entering and exiting.
After our cup of coffee, we load up unto our hunting vehicles to begin our hunt. During the morning hunt, Hill shot a common spring buck and a saddle stripe zebra. There are four species of spingbucks and Hill is hoping to get all four.....common, black, copper, and It is not the kind of zebra you see everyday. The markings of this zebra literally looks like a saddle is on the back of the zebra...... it is going to make a beautiful rug! Richard also shot a zebra.
After a nice hot lunch, some rest, we left for our afternoon hunt around 3:00. We saw many animals, but Richard did not make any shots. Last night was for Sarah, she shot her first animal.... a blue wildebeast. The animal looks very much like a cape buffalo, but certainly not as big. Hill was so excited and very proud of her....... I think that this has been one of his highlights of this trip, so far! His button were popping!!! As for me, I am not sure I can pull a trigger. Ruan wanted me to shoot an animal, but I just could not do it...... not yet anyway, but I have plenty of time to prove myself, if I feel the need to do so. Should L.B. be outdone by her daughter in law??? Time will tell. I considered shooting a black sable, a very majestic looking animal, but also , very expensive......I have plenty of time to make my decision.... we are here until the 30th of July.
Ria and Selly prepared a wonderful meal last night for us using the meat from Hill's kudu...... chicken fried kudu with all the trimmings. We also ate some of the liver.
The staff continues to cater to all our needs and wants....Hartzview has certainly surpassed our expectations. I will close for now, until tomorrow....xoxoxoxo, L.B.
P.S. SOLD MY HOUSE..... CLOSE AUGUST 27TH! To think I negotiated an entire deal through text messaging..... technology..... WOW!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment