Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hartzview - Day 9

July 27, 2010
Breaking News..........L.B. shot an 1800-2000 pound eland with 1 shot in the chest...... a 60-70 yard shot. I must say I got weak at the knees as I have NEVER, I repeat, NEVER have I shot anything in my life, with the exception of a Dr. Pepper can.... does that count???? I have shot the biggest animal in the group so far. Shall I call it beginner's luck?? The eland is being measured as it may be big enough to to go in the record book..... not bad L.B. There was the typical first time celebration.... blood on the face and a handshake with Jacque( our professional hunter). We all toasted with local beers..... yuck, after my sip, I passed it off to Hill who was so proud! I can't forget the papparazzi..... pictures, pictures, pictures and guess what???? L.B looked like hell. I had not washed my hair in 3 days, no make-up, no lipstick, and no perfume..... I was not ready for this moment...... it feels a little like one would read in PEOPLE MAGAZINE "Look L.B. with no make-up", and yes, my photo is going in a brochure for Hartzview. Oh well, what is a girl to do?
Lesson: Always overdress and be ready...... and wear lipstick and perfume..... even in the bush!
We did not get back to camp until almost 8:00 in the evening, had dinner, and went to bed...... what a day!!!!! One I will NEVER forget!!!!
There was nothing else shot that day, but mine was big enough for them all! Until tomorrow.......
xoxoxoxoxo, L.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment